November 30, 2012
November 21, 2012
does anyone want a chance to win one of my new t-shirts?
i have a fresh delivery of each of these lovely three designs arriving in the next week or so. they’re gonna be available in boys & girls shaped tees, in sizes S/M/L/XL. when the delivery arrives i’ll pick a one of you guys at random to whom i’ll send a zombieking t-shirt of their choice. simple.
i’m running the competition over on my facebook page – so hit this [link] and follow the instructions.
November 17, 2012
coming for you soon…
after a year-and-a-half of wordpress shenanigans, it looks like i’m going to be jumping ship onto my very own website!
[although currently the site isn’t ready, so that’ll redirect you to one of my other pages!]
i’m happy to say that it will be continuing this blog over at the new site. and it will also have a little shop attached, where i will be selling fragments of my artistic soul. initially this will just take the form of some fab t-shirts which i’ve designed. but further down the line, i hope to send all manner of curiosities out into the world!
but for now i’m still here, and on facebook [link]
November 2, 2012
i’ve been reflecting on how quickly things have been coming together recently…
on the 11th August, i wrote a blog post [link] saying that i was getting back into the studio to do some drawing. specifically, i was busy revamping a very old sketch – this one infact:
- the sketch was refined, the idea adjusted, redrawn and inked.
- then it was scanned and cleaned up digitally.
- from there is was emailed to the screen printers, and put onto t-shirts.
- the t-shirts have made their way around the uk, and some have even left the country, going as far afield as ontario and california.
- they’ve been photographed professionally using an alt. model, and one of these images is to be used in a magazine [that i love] to advertise my range of designs.
- the t-shirts are currently available for sale in a couple of shops, and once my website is finished they’ll be available to buy online too.
so here we are now – less than 3 months later – we have moved from that sketch above, to this…
not too shabby, eh?
October 31, 2012
the results of the photoshoot…
this fantastic image is to be used as my first advertising spot in big cheese magazine, which comes out in a few weeks time.
the model is Vivi Vicious, and you can find her model mayhem profile here [link]
these are the shots featuring my other two designs..
i must admit that organising a photoshoot was quite a daunting prospect, as i have never been involved with anything like this before – but having an experienced model, and a professional photographer who took the reigns made the entire experience stress free. i did little more than sit back and watch them work. it was brilliant!
it was an absolute pleasure working with these two ladies, and i couldn’t be happier with the photoset.
[note: the web address [www.zombieking.co.uk] across the bottom of the photos is not yet live, but it will be soon!]